Iran’s tensions with the US and KSA
23 September 2019
Lecture at NDU and ICWA
Outline given by NDU:
- Myth and reality of Iran being a threat to the global peace and security.
- Possibility of other major countries joining the US (NATO and non NATO allies) in confronting Iran diplomatically, economically, and militarily for a pliant Iran.
- Impact on global trade and growth if Iran is attacked by using kinetic means.
- Possible responses by Iran to these multifaceted threats.
- Possibility of nuclear proliferation in the region for raising deterrence levels against any external aggression.
Myth and reality of Iran being a threat to the global peace and security.
Is Iran a threat to global peace and security?
The answer would depend on whom you ask. If you ask Americans, Israelis, Saudis, or Emaritis, they would affirm this most emphatically. But if you ask Russians, Chinese, Omanis or Qataris or even Pakistanis, you might get a different answer.