Mediation in the Persian Gulf: Initiatives, Strategies and Obstacles
10 October 2019
Roundtable Discussion by IPI
What is the US charge sheet against Iran?
- That it does not toe the western line,
- that it talks against Israel,
- that it has spread its influence from Lebanon to Syria to Iraq to Yemen.
- That it stood by Syrian regime and opposed the regime change agenda of the West.
- That it increased its influence in Iraq despite US occupation of that country for several years.
- That it would rather align with Russia and China than with the US.
So clearly, the charge sheet is driven more by US interests than by Iran actually being a threat to global peace.