Talk at Islamabad Policy Institute
15 July 2019
Overview of Pakistan’s relations with the US and changing dynamics
- Changing Scenario in the region and role of USA:
- China’s rise challenged the prevailing balance of power in Asia.
- US Asia Pivot policy. And Trump’s FOIP Strategy
- India as the extra regional anchor for US policy
- America’s attempt to preserve its status as a pre-eminent power, especially in Asia; National Security Strategy. Unmatched power.
- A new possible Cold War could set in.
- President Trump’s unique style of governance (tweet, unpredictability).