Workshop in NMC, Lahore
14 May 2019
Pakistan’s Foreign Policy in a Multipolar World
- World is changing rapidly:
- Post WWII order is crumbling: Transition from uni to multi polar. Multipolarity does not mean multilateralism.
- Change is ubiquitous: Trade, Immigration, Nationalism. Identity
- Major power competition intensifying. Rise of China, Asia Pivot, Indo Pacific Strategy, Indo-US strategic partnership, Trump’s America First and Security Strategies.
- Are China and the US destined for war. Thucydides trap. Two new books on grand strategy of both China and US